[Scribus] preflight questions

s20031701 at tuks.co.za s20031701
Fri Sep 17 11:00:02 CEST 2004

hi all,

I have to setup a weekly newspapers workflow and have chosen scribus for the
layout. My question is: Do I need preflight tools?

We have been looking at o.r.i.s. (full suite) but its rather expensive. A few
things that is nice is the page paring the dotgain handeling and the checking of
incoming pdfs (ads).

Are there good cheaper options?

How nice would I have to ask to get page pairing added to scribus? (Can it be
done in a script? Export each page as pdf and import on doublesized page?)

Can scribus evaluate a pdf for embedded fonts, resolution and stuf like that?

Can scribus compensate for dotgain (does it matter for text)? can gimp?

Any advice for a workflow system (opensource or other)?

Thanks,
Kobus

P.S. For the price they want to charge me I can employ two programmers to work
on the problem!!