[Scribus] Links to text files

Jimmy Shadbolt jimmy
Tue Sep 14 18:26:00 CEST 2004

We've coded the ability to make the content of text boxes be linked to
files. This is in version 1.2.

This gives a tickbox in the "Get Text" popup that is ticked if you want
a link. If ticked, then the text will be read in when you open the
document (as for images). If you edit the text with the story editor,
then when you close it the file will be updated.

We're combining this with a modification of the html import to tie in
paragraph styles in scribus with the html tags. This so that we can ties
the content of a document with a web site.

We'd like to get this put into the main scribus sources.

Jimmy