[Scribus] Symbol / GLIBCXX_3.4 errors

spiff spiff
Mon Sep 13 08:47:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am running Scribus v1.1.7 on Mandrake 10.0 (Community), and i've
installed scribus using:

libscribus0-1.1.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
scribus-1.1.7-1mdk.i586.rpm

it has been working very well for some time. i then upgraded to scribus
v1.2 (and have since gone back to 1.1.7, with i believe the same error
in v1.2 although i have not checked).

When I run Scribus v1.1.7, and change a value in a scrolling selection
box (e.g. \ New Document \ Width), I now get the following messages:

scribus: Symbol `_ZTI8QSpinBox' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QPixmap' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QWidget' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
scribus: relocation error: scribus: symbol
_ZN9__gnu_cxx18__exchange_and_addEPVii, version GLIBCXX_3.4 not defined
in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

is there any way i can resolve these issues? i would very much like to
use scribus right now, but i can't without fixing these issues.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew Sova