[Scribus] Scripting, translation and photos

Plinnell scribusdocs
Wed Sep 8 11:40:21 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 09:30, s20031701 at tuks.co.za wrote:
> Hi all,

> If I want to do preproccesing on foto's (adjusting light/color and
> converting to cmyk) would you suggest photoshop or gimp?

GIMP for the moment. You can select an image right click image and edit image
will launch GIMP. To enable this: go  Settings >Preferences > External Tools.
The add the path to GIMP. Control will not return until GIMP is closed
completely, not just the image.

>Does gimp take things like the spreading of ink into account?

No.

> Thanks
> Kobus
>
> P.S. Can I tell scribus to no allow more than 240% total color coverage? I
> dont see it as an option?

Not yet directly. If you had an ink limiting ICC profile, you could go this
route. littlecms can handle this in lcms 1.12+ Export PDF/X-3 and then print
from Acrobat.

You can create and save a custom color scheme with inks defined < 240%

Scribus does have UCR, Under Color Removal, which might help to prevent over
saturation with newsprint.

Hope that helps,
Peter