[Scribus] Scripting, translation and photos

s20031701 at tuks.co.za s20031701
Wed Sep 8 10:30:21 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have been attemting to write a script to do some stuf for me. I cant find
anything about checking a textbox to see if its overflowing. Or how many lines
of text is in it. The function GetTextLength seems to return the amount of
caracters.

Secondly I want to add hyphen support for afrikaans (I have a file ready) I just
dont know how to add it to scribus (I found the directory but scribus doesnt see
it). The file isnt large (36kb) I could send it to someone.

If I want to do preproccesing on foto's (adjusting light/color and converting to
cmyk) would you suggest photoshop or gimp? Does gimp take things like the
spreading of ink into account?

Thanks
Kobus

P.S. Can I tell scribus to no allow more than 240% total color coverage? I dont
see it as an option?