[Scribus] Scribus Nominated As A Finalist For Linux Format Awards 2004

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Sep 3 03:00:58 CEST 2004

Plinnell wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Issue 58 Sept 2004 of Linux Format UK has chosen Scribus as one of four
>finalists for Best Office Software.
>
>From the article, "In spite of four hundred nominations in this category, most
>of them were for the same select group of software, resulting in a pretty
>short list. Newcomer Scribus is a welcome addition".
>
>Scribus users are encouraged to vote for their favorites at:
>http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/awards
>
>And they based this on 1.2 cvs, not the final version :)

It's flattering, yet curious to be in the "Best Office Software" category.
All the same, today I was thinking that Scribus is a piece of software
that universities and secondary schools should be made aware of -- there
really isn't anything like it in the whole Mac/PC world, as far as
"free" as in "FREE" software that has these kinds of capabilities to
generate flyers, newsletters, and other high quality DTP work.

Greg