[Scribus] Can't import formatted text with "official" Debian package

Liz Young liz
Wed Sep 1 17:50:24 CEST 2004

Hi Alex,

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 10:11 pm, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> Please add my private repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list and
> install and test the new package version. Your testing would be very
> helpful because the fixed package is going to be uploaded into the
> main Debian archive later today to try to get it into Sarge.
>
> deb         http://128.210.147.127/pub/scribus binary/
> deb-src     http://128.210.147.127/pub/scribus source/

Okay, I did apt-get install scribus=1.2.0.final-2, and it went fine.

I had already applied the +x *.la *.so fix that you posted yesterday.
That worked, so there was .csv and .txt (but no .htm) options on the
import dialog.  Imported .txt with no problem. Imported .html as text
with no problem (don't really see the use of that, but anyway....)

After installing final-2, there is still no .htm/.html option in the
import filter.  Only .csv, and .txt.  I got a seg fault on one .csv
file, but others imported no problem.

> P.S.: I also applied some patches from the current cvs, so you will
> get the clipboard fixes, too.

Using KDE, I expected that selecting text to copy and middle-clicking to
paste would work.  An address from kabc, a text block from a
mozilla-firebird web page, and a text block from OO.o Writer all pasted
in to the story editor as expected (no formatting, just the text).

Thanks for packaging Scribus.  Feel free to contact me for more
testing, if needed.

-Liz