[Scribus] scribus optionally use acroread to print to postscript

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu
Wed Sep 1 09:47:00 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 13:05, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>

>>Hello. For many a time scribus failed to print correctly, but if export
>>as PDF and print with acroread is okay.
>>
>>I suppose scribus must have created everything the PDF way, and convert
>>to postscript for printing by using ghostscript. Can I let scribus
>>optionally use acroread for the purpose?
>>

>No, Scribus creates correct PS on output. What type of printer do you
>have? You may be sending it PS3 (default) when it can only support PS2.
>
>Craig

I checked that you are right, my printer only support PS2. However
ghostscript seems have difficulties producing PS2 file there. It's
another story though, I'll look into the problem later.

Do we plan to auto-detect printer PS level in the future? Perhaps an REF?