[Scribus] PDF forms and umlauts

Plinnell scribusdocs
Sun Oct 31 21:52:47 CET 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 12:44, Teemu Nikkil? wrote:
> Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> >Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 06:04 schrieb Teemu Nikkil?:
> >>I'd like to use Scribus to make PDF forms, but the umlauted characters
> >>don't work in text fields. I tried to fill in a form created with Scribus
> >>in Acrobat Reader and pressing ? or ? does nothing.
> >
> >I had such problems with Acrobat Reader on Linux. No problems with the
> > newest Reader on Windows. Blame Adobe.
>
> I wonder if they have a place where to complain. Are any of the other
> PDF-viewers capable of filling in the forms?

Yes, there is ...search on Adobe's site for feedback..(It moves around.)

> >You said nothing about version, platform etc. so YMMV
>
> Sorry, I'm not at by best in the morning so I took granted that
> everybody runs GNU/Linux :-) I'll try with Windows(r) version of AcroRead.

Most recent wine versions in the past few months, will install and run Acro
5.0.5 (Reader and Full Acrobat Professional)  and Acro 5.1  for Windows
without issues -actually amazingly well.

I have not been able to coax 6.0.x to install or work properly yet on either
wine or Crossover Office.

Hope that helps,

Peter