[Scribus] Chinese translation, just a start

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Oct 29 21:37:10 CEST 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 20:48, mark wrote:
> I can't get this to compile to a .po file.  But here's the start of a
> simplified chinese translation.
> It's encoded in UTF-8.  Where can I send these in the future?  Also,
> there's no mention of this
> mailing list on the scribus site, it's really hard to find it.

Translation help at:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=translationhowto&page=translation_howto

All you would have to do is lrelease scribus.zh_CN.ts to get the qm file. No
need for a po file. Then place the resulting file in the lib dir of your
scribus installation where the others are.

Mailing list information is at:
Under FAQs on the main site:
http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=4
On the docs site at:
http://docsa.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=community&page=resources

Please submit translation files on bugs.scribus.net. bzipped ts file is fine.
Once you have it working there, let us know. I assume we will need a certain
gui font to get the glyphs. Once we see its working we can add it into CVS
and you into the translators list.

regards
Craig