[Scribus] Bug in Calendar script?

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Thu Oct 28 15:10:06 CEST 2004

The way to fix this is to 1) comment out the line that sets the first day to
Sunday:

calendar.setfirstweekday(calendar.SUNDAY)

since the default is Monday (or you can specifically set it to MONDAY).

and then 2) replace the array of days with one that has them in the order
(and the spelling) you want.  That is, replace:

DaysList =
["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"]

with something like:

DaysList =
["Moonday","Toesday","Whensday","Thurstday","Criday","Saturnday","Soonday"]

>> > The calndrier.py script failed for me with the same error.
>> >

>> So I decided to make a copy of it and tried to change the names
>> for the weekdays - just in fun, because it will confuse the days'
>> numbering of course.
>>
>> The real problem about it is: when I tried to start the copy, I
>> got the same error message like on the calendrier script.
>>
>> What kind of error does this error message point to anyway? I
>> don't have that much experience with python.

Since a couple other folks have addressed this, I'll leave it.  I don't
really know enough to have answered your question, anyway.  Since I live in
the USA and work exclusively in English, I have a lot less need for accented
characters than many other users.  In the rare case that I did need it in a
script, I'd probably just cheat.  I'd write the script without the accent,
then find the word(s) that need accents and fix them manually.

--
Henry