[Scribus] Bug in calendar script: python is the reason

Wolfgang Pagel wolfgang.pagel
Thu Oct 28 12:40:03 CEST 2004

Eilert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just found what caused the bug in the calendar script here: it seems
> that python doesn't accept characters larger than 128, i. e. German
> Umlauts, French accents etc. EVEN WITHIN LINES OF COMMENTS.
Python likes pure ASCII ...

> So I finally could change the script to the values I needed, but the
> month March (in German M?rz) must stay Maerz - a bit ugly.
Try 'M\xe4rz' for 'M?rz' ...
It works in so called long strings, with the hexadezimal (ascii-)code
written \x?? (here e4) or with the octal code \??? (here 344).
Hope the MONTHs in the script are long strings ...

Wolfgang
--
Dr. Wolfgang Pagel / WPsoft
Berliner Str. 58, D-16556 Borgsdorf