[Scribus] svg import

David Christian Berg david
Thu Oct 21 20:53:51 CEST 2004

On Do, 2004-10-21 at 20:31 +0200, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2004 20:12, David Christian Berg wrote:
> > >
> > > Not sure exactly which prefs you're describing but most of the ones off
> > > the Settings > Preferences menu will become default when set with no
> > > document open. Set them, close Scribus, and they will remain when you
> > > re-open Scribus and will apply to new documents.
> >
> > Sounds reasonable, an I don't think other programs work differently, and
> > usually I would mind, but since my objects just vanished of the page and
> > I wasn't sure, if they still existed, I rather started a new document...
> > I did that several times, and eventually it pissed me of to redo all the
> > sizing all the time, so I was wishing for a "save this as default"
> > checkbox.
>
> If you have objects that are too large or seem to go missing, open up the
> Outline palette, select the page and the object, then change its properties
> in the properties palette.

Oh well, Scribus is just not the tool you use with an ease, when you
just need something done and don't bother relearning everything... I
couldn't find the properties palette (I knew at some point where it is
and found it in "tools" now, but expected it in "item") That would have
helped a lot have found.
Anyways, have you tried to stretch an imported svg larger than the page
is? When I tried to stretch it across the upper and left border, it
would do anything, when stretching it across bottom and right, it
seriously screwed up things... and "undo" doesn't seem to work in 90% of
the cases, so I was kinda stuck.

That's it for now.

David

PS: I'll start out filing bugs, once I've seen 1.3. For now I'm rather
filing bugs against inkscape :D