[Scribus] Python and configure

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Thu Oct 21 06:08:56 CEST 2004

Plinnell wrote:

>On Wednesday 20 October 2004 23:41, Owen wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:32:06 -0600
>>
>>Rainer Heilke <rheilke at dragonhearth.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Since much of Scribus needs the new versions of the other software, I
>>>naturally slurped down Python 2.4. It turns out configure only looks for
>>>2.3 or lower. This was a simple fix on my part; I created symbolic links
>>>for python2.3 pointing to python2.4 in the include and lib directories.
>>>My latest run of configure sees it.
>>>

>>I think there was a similar problem when Python went from 2.2 to 2.3
>>
>>Don't understand configure schema, but maybe if you changed these lines to
>>show 2.4 in lieu of 2.3, it may also fix the problem.
>>

>>if test -z ""2.3""; then
>>  version="1.5"
>>else
>>  version=""2.3""
>>fi
>>

>Bug submitted:
>http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1234
>
>Please add comments or fixes.
>
>Thanks,
>Peter

Thanks for logging the "bug".

I actually tried changing the above lines, but that didn't seem to fix
the issue properly. I also don't understand the configure schema, so I
didn't want to pursue this too deeply. I'm honestly not much of a
programmer at all, so... My hack solves the issue well enough for now.

Thanks for the replies (to both of you).

Rainer