[Scribus] imposition

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sun Oct 17 01:18:46 CEST 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:07:34 -0700, Bart Alberti <bart at solozone.com> wrote:
> thanks, multivalent looked inspiring.

I thought the same when I first came across it the other day.

> Does this thing work at all?

I don't think so.  I've managed to get it to give me a "null" message
most of the time and I believe I got something along the line of "null
pointer" at another time.  The "--help" functions work for each of the
tools that I tried, but the actual do-the-job functionality doesn't
appear to work.

I am now looking at
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic/firth/software/pdfjam/

This looks like it will do the job if I can just figure out how to get
it to use 11x17 and 22x17 paper sizes for the imposition.  I'm
thinking I could rotate the 8.5x11 pages in my original document, then
impose them on 11x17, then rotate the 11x17 as needed and join them
together onto 22x17 to make the final plates.

But I'm stuck on getting any paper size other than a4paper,
letterpaper, a5paper, b5paper, executivepaper, and legalpaper.

The scripts apparently use "a LaTeX papersize".  Does anyone know how
to create a 11x17 and 22x17 "LaTeX papersize"?