[Scribus] imposition

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Sat Oct 16 12:17:23 CEST 2004

fre, 15 okt, 2004, 23:02:22 -0600, skrev Frank Cox:
> I have been working [cut]...

> Simple example commandline:
>
> psnup -w11in -h17in -Pletter -2 -r file.ps test.ps
>
> This gives me letter-size output, not 11x17 as one would expect.  Two
> half-sized pages on one letter-size sheet.
>
> psnup -w11in -h17in -2 -r file.ps test.ps
>
> gives me only about a quarter of each page's text on each sheet,
> still 8.5x11.

Hello

I don't think you should use -r or -l if the input pages
are portrait and you want 2 pages on landscape as output.

I (my school) make a small booklet in Scribus,
i.e. in Scribus the pages are setup as a5 portrait
with page-numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

The document is printed to a file and run
through the following script to be printed as
2 pages of a5 portrait on one a4 landscape.

The script is called with these 3 arguments:
Number of pages, input-file-name and output-file-name.

---cut---
#!/bin/bash
if [ $# == 3 ] ; then
  # Set no of pages to multiple of 4
  PAGES=`expr '(' $1 '+' 3 ')' / 4 '*' 4 `
  psbook -s$PAGES $2 | psnup -pa4 -s1 -2 > $3.tmp
  ps2ps -sPAPERSIZE=a4 $3.tmp $3
  rm -f $3.tmp
else
  echo "call the script like this"
  echo "$0 <number of pages> <inputfile.ps> <outputfile.ps>"
fi
---cut---

psbook reorganizes the pages.

since the input-pages should not be
resized The option -s1 is used in psnup.
The -w -h option can be used as an alternative,
to set the output-papersize instead of -p.

By sending the file through ps2ps with the -sPAPERSIZE=a4 option
(this is a gs option, I think for 11x17 it is tabloid), gv and the
printer behave much better.

hope this helps

Morten

--