[Scribus] cdd_cover.py Traceback

fredd effediwhy
Fri Oct 15 20:24:14 CEST 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:22:35 +0200, Jan Ulrich Hasecke
<janulrich.hasecke at web.de> wrote:
> While playing with scripts, I get this error while executing the script
> http://fdubuy.free.fr/scribus/cddb_cover.py
>
> Exception in Tkinter callback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1345, in __call__
>     return self.func(*args)
>   File "/home/juh/cddb_cover.py", line 123, in get_device
>     self.build_cover(self.ent.get(),self.numbering.get(),self.ttime.get())
>   File "/home/juh/cddb_cover.py", line 227, in build_cover
>     SetText(album, b2)
> Exception: Fehler: Falsches Argument! Aufruf:setText(unicodetext [,
> objectname])

You're right, there seems to be a problem with accents. Unfortunately
most of my CD are in english so without accents, so I did not find
this bug before.
python_cddb returns a string which is not in unicode format, and
Scribus expects an unicode string.
I'll correct this. In the meantime, you should be able to use the
script with CDs without accents :)

Frederic