[Scribus] PDF/X-3 disabled

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke
Fri Oct 15 09:14:34 CEST 2004

Thank you very much for all hints concerning PDF/X-3. This is a whole
world to discover!

I had a look to the docs about colormanagement before, but just a look,
because I am currently using a notebook, and I think it is not possible
to adjust a TFT. Maybe I am wrong?

I have an eye on scribus since years but never really used it, simply
because I am not a designer. But now I must create some quick'n dirty
marketing materials and I am happily using scribus so far. But the
moment comes, when I have to send pdf's to a print-shop!

I thought these PDF/X-3 concerns the output of the printer by
embedding printer-profiles, ppd's or something in the pdf. Currently
there is no need for me to adjust my screen, because I do not use
pictures, only a logo which comes as RGB, and I am concerned if this
will correctly be transformed to CMYK.

Would you recommend to change the tiff with gimp and insert the right
CMYK-color by hand? Or let me put it this way: When gimp says color XY
is 75%C 50%M 0%Y and 20%K in a tif, will scribus print it with these
values? Maybe a silly question...

juh

--
http://hasecke.com/  BUSINESS   COMMUNICATION
Jan Ulrich Hasecke * Ihr  F r e e l a n c e r