[Scribus] Scribus Calendar Script

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Wed Oct 6 19:34:40 CEST 2004

[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Paul Bissex
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 12:01 PM
>>
>> FWIW, I tested this on Mac OS X with Scribus 1.1.7 (installed via
>> Fink).  Works! Took about 8 seconds on my 867MHz Powerbook.
>>
>> I did have to comment out line 13, "sys.setappdefaultencoding..."
>> because that function isn't present in the sys module in the default
>> Python 2.3 (or in 2.3.4 installed via Fink for that matter) -- but the
>> script works fine for my purposes without it.

I've commented out that line.  That function doesn't appear in the Python
docs, as far as I can tell.  At this point I'll leave the
internationalization to others.  Feel free to modify this script to make it
work with UTF-8 (or whatever).  If you get it working, let me know and I'll
post the updated version.  When I get a chance to play with getting input
from the user, I'll look at adding that but for now, it's in a pretty good
state.

One more (slightly related) question for anyone in the know.  If this script
(or I assume any script that changes the status message or progress
indicator) is running and you try to put some other window into the
foreground, every time the status message and progress indicator changes it
puts Scribus back on top.  Is there any way to tell it not to do that?  If
I've got a long script running and I put it in the background, I'd like it
to stay there.

--
Henry