[Scribus] Making plug-in's work

Riku Leino Tsoots foom
Tue Oct 5 15:28:49 CEST 2004

Heikki Luhamaa wrote:
> somewhy they don't appear in menus of Scribus. I have a impression (from
> plug-ins writing manual) that they should appear in Extras menu
> automatically. I couldn't find any more info about plug-in's matter in
> e-mail list nor web-page so maybe someone could give me a hint how to
> make them appear / work.

Plugins in the gettext sub dir are text importer plugins for importing
formatted text into a text frame and you can find them in Get Text file
dialog.
Create a text frame. Right click on it. Choose Get Text. Select your
file. If you don't want get text automatically select an importer plugin
you can change the plugin in Importer drop down box in the very same
file dialog window. That's the place for those gettext plugins.