[Scribus] Re: Taking over pictures from OOo

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Nov 29 16:14:53 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 23:00, Eilert wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have the problem with OOo that it runs from the server
> here, via X to my desktop PC. There is Xfree 3 on this machine, and OOo
> has a bug that makes it awfully slow on such graphic cards. I tried to
> update OOo because I was told this problem was removed, but it didn't help.

If you mean LTSP, that sounds like a classic bug - IIRC it's actually a
problem with XFree being unable to find the right keymap. I used OO.o
over remote X on XFree86 3.3 without any problems for some time, but do
remember encountering and solving this issue early on.

I can't remember the exact fix I'm afraid, but searching the LTSP
mailing list might help you out.

As for the OO.o import ... I'm mighty impressed, myself.

--
Craig Ringer