[Scribus] Editing text

Nik scribus
Fri Nov 26 10:16:48 CET 2004

Hi All,

Apologies for my continuing posts, but I have just discovered Scribus, and am
very excited about it.

I am running Scribus 1.2 on RedHet 9.0.

I notice that editing text in the "frame contents editor" (as opposed to the
story editor) gets quite slow near the bottom of a page-sized frame whereas
the story editor seems not to slow down. Personally, I prefer the simplicity
of just double-ckicking the text, and writing away. However, the lag is
disconcerting. Opening the story editor seems an unnecessary complication.

Am I mis-understanding the purpose of each editor? Are there particular tasks
that the text editor is intended for, and other for which it is not?

I intend to convert a number of colleagues to Scribus, and want to have a
clear idea of how things are done before I do so.

All comments and suggestions welcomed.

Cheers!
Nik