[Scribus] problems to convert a pdf

David Christian Berg david
Sun Nov 21 15:26:31 CET 2004

On So, 2004-11-21 at 14:31 +0100, Marcel Spitau wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I do have access to windows, but not to Photoshop. It is not really that gimp
> is not (really) supporting cmyk (convert does!), but the produced PDFs from
> Scribus are not correctly understood by gs... So no tool on a Linux-Computer
> (instead of Adobe Acrobat reader) is able to interpret the produced pdf in a
> propper way, because it is going back to gs. Gimp for example opens an pdf
> (or ps or eps) with gs. So if gs fails, it seems like gimp is failing...

I haven't tried, but I'd expect the png export to work way better than
the jpg export from scribus. If so, you wouldn't need the pdf at all. I
mean I'd be wishing for flyerwire to accept pdfs but they don't so
there's not need to create one, _if_ png-export is doing fine.

But how do I use GIMP to convert to cmyk color space? I can't find that.

David