[Scribus] Compiling CVS segfaults

mark mkimsal
Tue Nov 16 04:03:23 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Saturday 13 November 2004 00:02, mark wrote:
>

>>I've been cvs updating and making for a couple of weeks now and the
>>resulting binary always segfaults.  I have 1.2 on my system from rpm and
>>it is fine.  Is cvs in a state that is known to compile?
>>

>About 360 days of the year cvs compiles and runs fine.
>
>What are the versions of the installed packages?
>Qt
>X11
>libart
>gcc
>autoconf
>automake
>libxml2
>zlib/libz
>tifflib/libtiff
>
>and any development versions of these packages?
>
>Craig

I just rm'ed my entire checkout, re did a checkout and ran make -f
Makefile.dist, configure --prefix=/opt/scribus, make, cd scribus, ./scribus.

Hmm... when I do make install, and then do /opt/scribus/bin/scribus it
works.

There are very few packages that I've found that can't run w/o a make
install.  Sorry about the confusion.