[Scribus] PDF problem @ printer...

Plinnell scribusdocs
Fri Nov 5 21:10:18 CET 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 18:32, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> Hi gang,
> 	I just used scribus to create a 224 recipe book for our church.  It was
> a LOT of work, but it turned out looking great!  We've hit a snag with
> the exported pdf file and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this
> problem:
>
> 	The document is done on 5.5 x 8 1/2 paper, so that 2 can be printed on
> US Letter size paper.  When the printer opens it up in Acrobat
> Professional, it looks fine, but when they go to put it 2up the layout
> doesn't go right.  Some pages are fine, others are moved too far over to
> the left, still more are cut off on the left side of the page.  When
> they attempt to fix the layout, they get an error that reads:
> "flattening page."
> Did I screw up the export?

Doubtful.

>  Has anyone had this  problem?

I've not seen this *ever*.

> 	The document was done on the last stable 1.2 version, I've now got CVS
> installed on my system.
>
> Wes

Hi,

Can you send me a link to the PDF off-list ? ftp or a private weblink is
preferable. I would like to look at this file with Acrobat and Pit Stop Pro.
You can also join me on IRC for some pointers.

A few questions:

Are they using an imposition application like preps or the PDF workflow tools
from a Prinergy (no typo) system ?

Do you know which Acrobat version they are using and how they are laying up
the pages ?

I am confident, however, its solvable.

Cheers,
Peter