[Scribus] CMYK or Sending to a Printer

mark mkimsal
Thu Nov 4 16:51:32 CET 2004

Dennis Noordsij wrote:

>Hi List,
>

>I have tried the following with and without color profiles, results are mostly
>the same.
>
>- Use an RGB PNG in Scribus, export as PDF to Printer (no CMS), which
>according to "identify -verbose mypdf.pdf" outputs a CMYK PDF. The problem
>is, the image is really flat (same with CMS actually). I thought well it's
>still OK, so sent that. They (printers) said they could not fix the image
>because brightening it only throws away more of what color is left.

Did you try using the qtmonitorprofile tool from the lprof package to
create a monitor profile?  My PDF exports with CMS were really different
from my monitor with the plain Adobe profiles until I used the
qtmonitorprofile tool to adjust my contrast.  It sounds like your
initial comment was the closest match except for some contrast adjustements.