[Scribus] Monitor calibration

Plinnell scribusdocs
Mon Nov 1 22:18:09 CET 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 22:49, Jozsef Mak wrote:
> OK. I start all over again. When you install Photoshop on windows the
> installer automatically places an Adobe Gamma tool in the Control Panel. If
> you want to calibrate your monitor you just double-click the Adobe Gamma
> icon, which brings up the profiler window where you can calibrate the
> monitor.
> Now, suppose someone ask me how to calibrate his monitor. I would tell him;
> first, click on the Start menu; then in the submenu chose Control panel.
> Double click the Control Panel icon and in the resulting submenu find the
> Adobe Gamma tool. Double click that, it will bring up the Profiler window
> and then just follow the instructions.
> This is what I am trying to inquire about. Not the theory behind monitor
> calibration, but the actual place of the Monitor profiler tool in Scribus.
> Because I searched all menus but I found no such a tool anywhere.
> I read the Quick start on Monitor calibration in the online Scribus
> documentation, but that talk about theory and tell nothing about the issue,
> I mentioned above.
> I hope this posting is clearer than my previous one.
>
> Thanks for any replies.
> mak
>
> >From: Plinnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com>
> >To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
> >Subject: Re: [Scribus] Monitor calibration
> >Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:52:19 +0100
> >
> >On Monday 01 November 2004 00:52, Jozsef Mak wrote:
> > > Could anyone tell me how to do monitor calibration in Scribus, using
> >
> >lcms?
> >
> > > I mean, how to start the calibration program.
> > >
> > > mak
> >
> >Those are two separate applications. Monitor profiling is done via the
> >littlecms profiling tools. Then scribus uses the create profile and the
> >littlecms libraries for color management.
> >
> >See: http://www.scribus.org.uk/documentation/cms.html
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Peter

Hi,

The monitor profiler and other profiling tools are completely separate
applications.

They are available from www.littlecms.com/profilers.htm

Building them from source can be a bit tricky on some newer distros.
Definitely apply the patch as well.

The monitor profiler does not run from any Scribus menu.

Hope that helps,
Peter