[Scribus] ps level 3 and pdf-x on fiery

Plinnell scribusdocs
Mon Nov 1 17:43:11 CET 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 19:27, el Sism?grafo, S.L. wrote:
> I don't know if this information is of any use for you. The pdf-x files are
> not ripped correctly on a standard adobe postscript rip level 3 (Fiery
> E-650 from EFI) when send from Acrobat 5 as level 3 jobs. I then sent them
> with the "as image" option but print files come in about 15 times bigger.
> So I tried to send them as level 2 files - everything works excellently.
>
> By the way, Scribus pdf files are considerably smaller as those made with
> other apps and rip very fast.
>
> Markus

Catching up on the back log of mail...

I have extensive experience with RIP'ing Scribus PDF's, EPS and direct PS
print with a fairly new Fiery RIP using the Adobe Extreme engine. It has a
3015.xxx level PS engine. Never an issue.. The one which I thought was a
Scribus problem was a CUPS issue with duplexing fixed with rewritten code in
CUPS 1.2

Other printers who are on the list have reported similar findings.

You might check to see if Fiery has an update to their software, as well as
check the PS level of the RIP.

Cheers,

Peter