[Scribus] Creating a table of contents

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Mon May 24 04:48:01 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 22:15, paul2322 at uidaho.edu wrote:
> I have just installed Scribus and am playing around with it. I have
> previous experience with PageMaker 5.0 and was looking for a Linux program
> to create a 8.5x11 book with continuous pagination and a table of contents.
> Can Scribus do this? I've looked through the help and gone through the
> menus, but I don't see how to do either.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mystie

A "book" can mean many things, but you can create continuous pagination
even with separate files for each chapter. When creating a new document,
you can specify the beginning page number,as well as auto numbering the
pages in the page templates. Page templates work much like master pages
in PageMaker.

Automatic tables of contents is not yet in Scribus, but it is something
that is in development via scripting. If it is a necessity, I am pretty
sure Open Office has that.

Cheers,
Peter