[Scribus] templates for text?

Stijn Hoop stijn
Wed May 12 10:51:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

thanks for the quick response!

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:32:54AM +0200, Craig Bradney wrote:
> I would suggest you upgrade to CVS if possible, just to avoid some
> issues in 1.1.6.

I'll try but I was happy to install the FreeBSD port/package to avoid
compilation issues.

> Anyway, just make 2 column text frames (edit number of columns is set on
> the Properties palette on Shape page), then link the frames together.
> Link and unlink buttons are on the toolbar.

Yes, I saw that but didn't find a way to automatically create the text
frames on every page, which is why I turned to templates. But from your
response I take it templates are meant to be used for 'background'
styles?

> Re templates.. no.. templates are NOT editable (YET). Another option is
> to create your document with automatic text frames which are auto
> created on new page created and auto linked.

Aha! OK so I was going off the wrong angle -- I have used FrameMaker a few
times in the past and it was done using 'master pages' there.

Where do I find this option to create automatic text frames, or is
that only implemented in CVS?

--Stijn

--
"What kind of a two-bit operation are they running out of this treehouse,
 Cooper? I have seen some slipshod backwater burgs, but this place takes the