[Scribus] Translations and 1.2cvs

Kevin Donnelly kevin
Fri May 7 08:06:15 CEST 2004

On Friday 07 May 2004 12:35 am, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Err.. yes.. ok.. that was said, but I guess what I meant was, we still
> support po files, in that there are still po files being updated. We
> prefer ts/qm.

So there has certainly been a change in emphasis, even if it shouldn't be
termed a "decision to switch" :-)

> You can of course copy the file to another place if you wish to. Editing
> the one in the CVS dir you have shouldnt be a problem.

Moving the translated file up two dirs from po and running lupdate seems to be
the easiest - the qmake -project and then lupdate way still doesn't seem to
update the one in situ in the po dir.

> This is under way as I type by Alex O. , I expect I will have this
> online tomorrow.

That will be helpful - thanks, Alex.

> This is the reason why
> people need to be running the CVS or they will be creating .qm files for
> areas of the GUI they have never even seen if they are running a release
> from over a month ago.

Yes, indeed.  But my original point was that when the translator periodically
gets his/her new copy installed, as I did yesterday, and sees that some work
needs doing, it would be nice to make it as easy as possible to get going on
that.  That becomes more important the more prestigious the app becomes, as
is deservedly happening to Scribus.

--

Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly