[Scribus] Layers in scribus 1.1.6

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu May 6 18:34:32 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 18:12, Jimmy Shadbolt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How does one use layers??
>
> All I can see is a menu entry Tools->Layers, which ticks / unticks the entry,
> but otherwise seems to do nothing at all. (Doesn't pop up a window letting me
> do anything.)

You should be getting a Layer dialog popping up. It might be appearing
off the screen, or not working. What WM are you using? In the case its
appearing off the screen, look for something like:

 <LAYERPALETTE YPOS="263" XPOS="204" VISIBLE="0" />

in your ~/.scribus/scribus.rc and make sure the XPOS and YPOS are values
within your screen resolution. Perhaps setting to something like 100 for
both would be a safe value to choose initially. Otherwise, you can try
renaming this file to see if it then appears.

Craig