[Scribus] tri-fold brochure

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Thu May 6 13:26:09 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I think the best way to figure out the measurements that will suit
best your need is to make a folded dummy out of a piece of paper the
exact size you are going to print on. Unfold and draw your margins
with a ruler. Then, report those values in Scribus, position your
text boxes and picture frames exactly where they should be and there
you go! Keep this document as a base and use the "Save as" command
for each new pamphlet.

If you encounter printing problems (the page is off a bit for various
reasons-mechanical (printer), or software) it is easy to adjust your
document to workaround this problem : once you're done, select all
elements and move them all together as much as it takes to achieve a
good print result. Don't forget to offset the 2nd page as well, and
keep in mind the reverse page could offset the opposite side. Before
printing the complete run, test again, fold and re-adjust if
necessary.

Lots more could be said on that purpose. If anything don't hesitate to post.

HTH ;-)

Louis