[Scribus] feature: export to bitmap...

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 3 12:50:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 18:29, igzebedze wrote:

> a friend asked me, how to export a scribus document into a bitmap... ?
> inkscape has very simple yet useful export2png feature...

My initial impulse would be to use GhostScript to render the PDF output
of Scribus to an image. For example,

gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -sDEVICE=jpeg -dTextAlphaBits=4 \
   -dGraphicsAlphaBits=2 -dJPEGQ=75 input.pdf output.jpeg

You can also create PNG files with GhostScript, but I've been less than
thrilled with the quality it produces. It does TIFF files, too.

Of course, I could easily have missed a simpler way of doing things...

Craig Ringer