[Scribus] Decorationless windows upon Scribus startup

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Wed Mar 31 05:37:08 CEST 2004

I had the following problem with Scribus 1.1.5 but wasn't too confident of my installation.
It is still there in 1.1.6.

When I start up Scribus the first time, I get the Scribus window and 4 Tools windows.
The Scribus window is just fine but the Tool windows (Outline, Scrapbook, Layers,
and Page Palette) are without any decorations.  There is no marker by each of those
tools under the Tools menu.  If I select, say Tools -> Outline, the little mark appears
by "Outline" but nothing happens to the window.  If I then deselect Tools -> Outline,
the window disappears.  If I reselect Tools -> Outline, the window reappears with
its decorations.

  If I have any of the 4 Tools selected when I quit out of Scribus and then get back in
Scribus, the windows for the tools I had selected have their decorations and any I did not
have selected do not.

I am running under Mac OS 10.2.8, installing via fink.  Some other pertinent versions
are: scribus 1.1.6-1, qt3 3.2.3-13, freetype2 2.1.3-2, freetype 1.3.1-6.
I'm not sure what other dependencies are pertinent.  I am up-to-date with fink
10.2-gcc3.3 unstable packages.

Let me know if you need more information and/or I should fill out a bug report.
(Or if I have a problem at my end :~)