[Scribus] scribus publication project

LinuxLingam linuxlingam
Tue Mar 30 19:22:22 CEST 2004

dear all,

am hacking this off into a new thread of its own.
was previously:

"Re: [Scribus] Imposition is a way
to put Scribus in a strong..."

***

[quote]
LinuxLingam wrote:

>if you want, i could start such a magazine
>publication project for you guys. yes, i volunteer. it won't be a
>realworld magazine, but perhaps a magazine to showcase and at the same
>time test, the features of scribus. will create this under the FDL.
>
>what do you guys say?

I would participate in this to as much as my time allowed. I'm always
happy to contribute to Scribus' development, and I can use all the
practice I can get in things I'm only beginning to understand.

But what is the FDL? A license for content? Why not use Creative
Commons?

Steve
[/quote]

for fdl, check out licenses at gnu.org. it is a license ideal for
documentation, allowing changes, think of it as the GPL for documents. i
write articles for newspapers and magazines under the verbatim license,
btw. creativecommons offers some good options. so here is what i
propose:

1) the authors, designers, illustrators, sub-editors, etc., could choose
whatever license they prefer, so long as that license allows free use,
free modification, free distribution and redistribution. this because a
lot of people could work on this publication, which is primarly for
"torture-testing and inspiring" scribus into meeting extreme and
professional workflows and projects.

am thinking aloud. what do you guys say?

:-)
LL