[Scribus] A slogan for Scribus!

Steve Herrick steveh
Tue Mar 30 13:09:31 CEST 2004

Thomas Zastrow wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> there were so many suggestions for a slogan for Scribus in the Thread
> above so I started a polling:
>
> http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/scribus/slogan/
>
> Please, go voting! If anybody has more good ideas just email me!

One other I thought of is "Freedom by design."

On mine, the sixth one, I suggested "Publishing and designing freedom,"
not "Publishing and design freedom." The idea is that English, this has
two meanings, "We are publishing and designing freedom," and "Freedom
for publishing and design." Unfortunately, as I mentioned, I don't think
gerunds work the same way in other languages, so if we are looking for a
multi-lingual slogan (and I assume we are), then my new suggestion above
probably works better.

I also have one more, which brings together political slogans with
open-source slogans: "Free, as in the press." I like this one.

One final thought - if we can't decide on one slogan, we could do like
Memepool, and have rotating slogans in the splash screen.

Steve