[Scribus] CPU, procs max while typing

Servant servants
Sat Mar 27 12:57:00 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm migrating away from Windoze and totally to Linux.  The
last app I need to replace to make the switch is PageMaker,
which I've used extensively for about 10 years.

I've compiled Scribus 1.1.5 with Slack 9.1, but when I input
type my CPU goes to 100%, procs go way up, and there is
major hard drive activity.

Now I have no idea how Scribus is designed, but would it
(by any chance) be trying to save the file to disk at every
key-stroke?

Scribus also crashes frequently when I backspace to
remove unwanted text.

Please tell me what other information you would need to
help me resolve these issues.

Cheers,
Bruce