[Scribus] How to make Scribus use Gimp2 instead of 1.2x to edit pictures?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Mar 28 22:02:03 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 22:50, Sebastian R?der wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did a quick-test of the 1.6 release which brings amazing new features, bur I
> could not find out how to set the graphic application, I wont Scribus to use
> for picture editing (defalut is the older Gimp version). Maybe somebody can
> give me a hind ;-) Will the native gimp file format work in Scribus in the
> near future (would be a great workflow)?

General Preferences, External tools.

The Gimp developers have said that the current XCF format is not a good
format for anything other than Gimp use. We may make an XCF importer at
some stage.. not yet... maybe tomorrow :)

Craig