Fw: Re: [Scribus] Merge old scribus.pot with a newer one.

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Mar 27 12:41:04 CET 2004

Hi Morten

> > hi everybody... i'm new here / to translating scribus
> >
> > i want to translate it to slovene. we've got a very working community
> > here, with lots of translations and a nice tool, that automaticaly
> > translates / locates, finds, prepares all the most common words and
> > phrases. it would really shorten my work if i could use it, but it works
> > only with .po files (just like the whole kde, gnome, openoffice,
> > mozilla... ;) anyhow, i need a .po template for scribus 1.1.5... any
> > ideas? would it be possible to write a script to covert ts->po and back
> > again?
> >
> > bye, bostjan
>
> Hello.
>
> The programme is already there - look for ts2msg.tar.bz2.
> Initial codebase is written by Jasmin Blanchette at trolltech and
> enhanced and maintained by Thomas Reitelbach <thomas at licq.org>
>
> But you should _not_ start from a .po template for Scribus 1.1.5 - it's
> too old. Make a ts-file from Scribus 1.2cvs to get all text, and then
> from this make a .po file with ts2msg.
>
> To get it back to ts, you just have to compile the po-file
> to .qm, and then use some of the qt tools to get a ts-file from
> the qm-file - this process is described in detail on scribus.net
>
> If you do not find ts2msg,
> I can just send the source-package to you - just 41314 Bytes.

Would you mind uploading this to www.scribus.net in the downloads
section when the site is back please? Seems they have been doing some
work at Salford and the whole university is down. Hopefully the server's
network will be back up soon!

Craig