[Scribus] Bug 271 (Cups options missing)

Uwe Fechner ufechner
Fri Mar 26 17:21:17 CET 2004

Hello,

I want to add the following Bugnote to Bug 271, but I can't, because the
bug is closed.

I finally solved this problem our network.

It was a dns problem:

If you have the same problem, try on the command line:

lpoptions -l

I got the message:

"destination hpijs has no ppd file"

I looked in the control center of kde for the printer settings, and
found the following URI:

URI: ipp://myserver.olddomain:631/printers/hpijs

I tried to ping myserver.olddomain and it was not resolved, because we
had switched the
local domain name recently.

The ppd file must be shown in the browser, if you enter the following URI:
http://myserver.domain:631/printers/hpijs.ppd

After fixing that (adding the ip to the local hosts file) everythings
worked fine.

I think, in a way, it IS a bug of scribus, because it doesn't give any
debug information.

Regards:

ufechner