[Scribus] Compilation problems

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Mar 24 06:05:04 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 23:12, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Peter Linnell wrote:
>
> > What version of libart_lgpl do you have ?
>
> Peter,
>
>   Sigh. One that was far too old. Found a newer one on the ftp server you
> mentioned in an earlier message and have progressed to the next error:
>
> shadebutton.cpp: In method 	nt ShadeButton::getValue ()':
> shadebutton.cpp:60: no matching function for call to String::remove
> (const char[3])'
> /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/include/qstring.h:500: candidates are: QString &QString::remove (unsigned int, unsigned int)
>
>   I'll work on this tomorrow. I need to get back to writing my book.
> Deadline's only 3 weeks from now.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Rich

As I suspected... I am not surprised to see that type of error with
older versions of libart.

The error is caused by a function, which is not available in Qt 3.0.5.

Fixes:

Option 1) Get current CVS, which is *very* stable and has new support
for creating tables YAY!... All the table features are not yet complete,
but what is there works ;) Franz changed this function to work with Qt
3.0.5.

Option 2) Upgrade to a newer version of Qt. Rex Dieter, who runs the
kde-redhat sourceforge does a fine job of repackaging newer versions of
Qt and KDE for older RH distros. I would be pretty comfortable upgrading
all of KDE/Qt from there.

I ran his version of KDE 3.1.4 on RH8/RH9 for a *long* time and found it
less troublesome than the RH versions. The KDE/Qt packages in Fedora are
less messaged than earlier versions and have been great, especially the
latest KDE 3.2.1/Qt 3.3.1 packages.

You getting close...

Cheers,
Peter