[Scribus] Rotis: font-problem

Ralf Höling hoeling
Sun Mar 21 11:52:21 CET 2004

Hi all!

Am 20.03.2004 um 18:20 schrieb Ralf H?ling:

>> Scribus does a very good job of supporting OTF (thanks Franz!)
>> Scribus can
>> access all the glyphs in an Open Type Font, as well as embed them
>> properly in
>> EPS, PS and PDF (a tough issue to solve btw).
>
> But Scribus is the only application I use, that doesn't want to
> recognize AgfaRotis and I want this font.
> Even Inkscape and Sodipodi work well with this font, only Scribus
> doesn't. In Mac-Applications I never recognized a problem either.

I've looked around a little and found that there are many fonts of
different kind that aren't recognised by scribus but work fine in
Inkscape, for example: Chicago (Apple Trutype), Univers (Adope PS
Type1), Frutiger (PS Type1).

>> 1. Cross-font.  Which is a shareware application which runs on
>> Windows. This
>> handles Mac PS > TTF pretty well.
>
> I will try.
I tried with all tricks (compressing with stuffit, installing stuffit
for windows, etc.) but it doesn't work :-(
So I can't imagine that any dtp-professional would throw all his
expensive fonts away and buy new ones, even if they were available just
to work with Scribus. And what I can't understand is that theese fonts
work without any problem on the same machine also under X11 with
Inkscape.
Don't get me wrong, I like Scribus very much and there are great
improvements, but as long as most of my fonts don't work in Scribus I
can't use it. I hope in the future the font-management will be as good
as in Inkscape or sodipodi.

Regards
Ralf