[Scribus] Rotis: font-problem

Martin Costabel costabel
Sat Mar 20 17:13:01 CET 2004

Ralf H?ling wrote:

> Here it's also greyed out but Scribus finds also some fonts in
> /Library/fonts/. Only Truetype I think.

I can explain this (that's about the extent of my understanding ;-) ):

Fink's applesystemfonts package transforms (using fondu) the *.dfonts
font files (and a couple of others) it finds in [/System]/Library/Fonts
into *.ttf files in /sw/lib/X11/fonts/applettf/. The fonts that are
already in *.ttf format in the system directories are not copied, only
symlinked. So when scribus scans the /sw/lib/X11/fonts/applettf/
directory, it finds and follows these symlinks. This looks like it found
fonts in /Library/Fonts, but in reality it did not look there.

I made a test with a free font that is also advertized as "Apple
postscript". It came in a *.suit format that is identified as "Font
suitcase" by "Get Info". As it is, it is not recognized by scribus, but
fondu digests it without hesitating and spits out a *.ttf file that is
accepted by scribus. I don't know if this story is of any help to you,
but I suspect you need to find some tool to convert your font to *.ttf
format.

--
Martin