[Scribus] CVS compiling ... 2004.03.17

Seil Marc marc.seil
Wed Mar 17 14:48:16 CET 2004

Hy,

This morning I tried to compile scribus from the CVS tree but I encountered
some problems. I will try to line up all changes I have made, to be able to
compile the cvs Version.

First of all, the environment

.      debian testing tree
	gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (Debian)
	automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p6
	autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
	GNU Make 3.80

---------------------------------
[configure.in]
freetype checking didn't work on my machine

I replaced in the following line [55]

AC_PATH_PROG(FREETYPE_CONFIG, freetype-config, [AC_MSG_ERROR([Could not find
libfreetype anywhere, check http://www.freetype.org/])], [${prefix}/bin
${exec_prefix}/bin /usr/local/bin /opt/local/bin /usr/bin /usr/X11/bin])

AC_PATH_PROG(FREETYPE_CONFIG, freetype-config, [AC_MSG_ERROR([Could not find
libfreetype anywhere, check], [${prefix}/bin
${exec_prefix}/bin /usr/local/bin /opt/local/bin /usr/bin /usr/X11/bin])
])
[scribus/plugins/Makefile.am]

error undefined pty

replacingif COMPILE_PYTHON
 pyt = scriptplugin
endif

SUBDIRS = libchar svgexplugin svgimplugin printpreview $(pyt)

through

if COMPILE_PYTHON
 pyt = scriptplugin
 SUBDIRS = libchar svgexplugin svgimplugin printpreview $(pyt)
else
 SUBDIRS = libchar svgexplugin svgimplugin printpreview
endif

-----------------------------------
[...  Makefile.am]
In some of the Makefiles.am I had to comment the AM_LDFLAGS to
be able in using the command make -f Makefile.dist

./scribus/Makefile.am
/scribus/libabout/Makefile.am
./scribus/libpostscript/Makefile.am
./scribus/libprefs/Makefile.am
./scribus/plugins/libchar/Makefile.am
./scribus/plugins/Makefile.am
./scribus/plugins/printpreview/Makefile.am
./scribus/plugins/scriptplugin/Makefile.am
./scribus/plugins/svgexplugin/Makefile.am
./scribus/plugins/svgimplugin/Makefile.am
--------

Maybe this can help someone.

Cheers

Marc