[Scribus] install problem under RH8

LinuxLingam linuxlingam
Mon Mar 15 17:28:27 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 21:22, BandiPat wrote:

> LL,
> Run "rpm -qa|grep qt3" and see what comes up.  [snip]!

hey! guys, HOLD ON!

right after i sent that email to you guys of that strange version of
qt-devel on my box, i just realized i sent you that email from redhat8,
which is also installed on my pc and from where i did the rpm -qa
qt-devel command.

the moment the thought hit me, i did not even wait to send you guys a
'hold on' or 'eeps! sorry' message. i excitedly rebooted into fedora
(that's what i'm calling PCQLinux2004)
and sure enough, no qt-devel installed.

ran the add/remove application, and installed it after a few
fedora-specific obstacles (cd-swapping due to some errors).

then, i tried the tar.gz of scribus again. configure told me python was
<2.3 ( i think), but dared me to make (!)

so i did. it took some time, but kept sailing through with screen
babble, and

YES! I GOT SCRIBUS 1.1.5 INSTALLED!

t h a n k  y o u all for your patience and help. without it, i could not
have been persistently after this like a heet seeking missile.

and the first-looks of scribus merit its name to be changed to sexbus
1.1.5

with the newer freetype and other tweaks in the system, everything
renders so beautifully. the new feature-sets looks cool. am gonna really
enjoy working on this and you will see some active involvment from me
with scribus.

once again, thanks so much!

:-)

LL