[Fwd: Re: [Scribus] install problem under RH8]

LinuxLingam linuxlingam
Fri Mar 12 20:19:33 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 00:39, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> LinuxLingam wrote:
> <angst>
[snip]
> </angst>
>
> This may be an illustration of the difficulty of finding and lack of
> clarity of all the necessary documentation on the Scribus site about
> requirements and installation procedure. I know I have gone around in
> circles sometimes at the site looking for something I know is or should
> be there.

actually, as a newbie, i do find the scribus site well-documented. i
think the problem is something peculiar to my soup of dependencies under
RH8. there is even a more detailed compilation procedure mentioned on
the scribus site.

> Hang in there, LL; just stop banging your head against the wall.

thanks pittman, for your words of support. i hope the problem gets
resolved soon enough, so that once resolved, it becomes trivial. :-)

> G Pittman

:-)
LL