[Scribus] Re: Text flowing around frame

Fabian Fellmann fabian.fellmann
Wed Mar 10 00:53:29 CET 2004

> Hello
>
> When you have a textframe and a pictureframe overlapping, and you want
> the text to flow around the picture, it does not work the same way for
> left and right side.
>
> If you place the picture to the left of the textframe and you adjust
> the distance of text, the text moves away from the frameborder and the
> picture and gives a nice distance between text and picture.
>
> But if you do it the other way - the textframe to the left and then
> align the text justified or right, text moves away from the right
> border
> of the textframe, but not away from the picture. So with justified text
> you can not get any distance between the text and the picture, if the
> picture is overlapping the textframe.
>
> The build of Scribus is from CVS today!
>
> Sincerely Yours
>
> Morten
>
> --
> Morten Langlo
> 8550 Ryomg?rd
> Denmark

I have observed the same behavior. It is possible to solve that problem
by placing a box without fill color and with a transparent line at the
left border of the picture. That way, the transparent box pushes the
text further to the left.

It seems that the text overlaps the right border of the textframe by
about 0,5 mm.

I would at the same time like to thank the developers of scribus. I
have been creating a leaflet for non-profit organisation on OSX using
Apple's X11 and a fink compile of scribus1.15. Adobe InDesign 2.02 (OSX
native) had been crashing on me constantly. Scribus is of a far greater
stability. Thanks to you guys!

fabian.