[Scribus] install problem under RH8

LinuxLingam linuxlingam
Thu Mar 11 22:02:10 CET 2004

hi!

am trying to install scribus 1.1.5 under my redhat8 system.
i have the following versions of resources-required installed:

1) kernel 2.4.18-14
2) gcc 3.2-7
3) qt-3.0.5-17
4) python-2.2.1-17
5) freetype-2.1.2-7
6) ghostscript-7.05-20
7) libart_lgpl-2.3.10-1
8) KDE 3.0.3-8

have successfully downloaded, unzipped, and untarred scribus. run
./configure in the directory, and the tail-end of the screen-babble
states:

***
FreeType2 installed: Yes
CUPS installed:      Yes
LittleCMS installed: No
TiffLib installed:   Yes
Using Python 2.3

Start make now.
***

have saved the log of ./configure to a file for further reference.

then, run the make command.

i receive the following errors in the tail-end of the screen dump. (have
archived the full output for reference, too).

***
make[3]: *** [shadebutton.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scribus/scribus-1.1.5/      scribus'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/scribus/scribus-1.1.5/      scribus'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scribus/scribus-1.1.5'
make: *** [all] Error 2
***

the problem quite stumps me. needless to say, running make install is
unfruitful.

fyi, i had to re-run the above sequence to collate the problems to
document in this email.

so how do i get scribus installed?
a few weeks/months ago, had faced a similar problem with the earlier
version of scribus. have been trying to get scribus to run on my pc
since circa september 2003, with no luck.

please help.

??
LL