[Scribus] PyQt for Scripting

VANĚK Petr Petr.VANEK
Thu Mar 11 13:52:23 CET 2004

> I have started to write some scripts for imposition. They are
> all right for me
> because I always use the same bleeding width, the same colors
> and length for
> crop marks, etc. To be quite honest I would like to
> parametrise them to make
> them usefull for other people as well so I have started to
> try with PyQt for
> making input dialogs, but I don't get it working. Any code
> snippets available
> to get an idea of how to do it?

Unfortunately there is no way to use PyQt with scribus. This
is old well-known bug[*]. Franz reported it to the PyQt developers
a years ago - it looks like it needs a lot of code to rewrite
in Sip package (a tool for easy to create python bindings from
C++). They let it be...

So there is no solution for your problem :(
maybe there is time to send a reminder to the pyqt developers...

petr

[*] - we know about it but don't know the reason. really. :)